CALL FOR ENTRY | JULY 27 - SEPTEMBER 25
The 42nd Annual Indiana Heritage Arts Juried Exhibition and Sale of traditional and representational Indiana art following the legacy of the artists who founded the Brown County Art Colony in the early 1900s.
- Any artist 18 years or older who is a present or former resident of Indiana
- Entrants must be a member of Indiana Heritage Arts. New artists and those that are not current on their dues will be required to join or renew their membership when entering.
- IHA board members are eligible to exhibit; however, they may not compete for awards.
- Painting: oils, acrylics, alkyd, watercolor, casein and egg tempera, pastels, drawing, printmaking and mixed media
- Work not on canvas must be under glass or plexi
- Work executed in the spirit of the traditional early Indiana artists
- Work must have been completed in the last two years. IHA strongly encourages artists to submit their best and freshest works.
- Artwork previously entered into a juried exhibition is now eligible for entry.
- No photography or computer art
- Work completed under the supervision of an instructor, copies of other artists’ works or published photographs are prohibited.
- Two-dimensional work only
Rules (read carefully)
- All submitted work must be for sale.
- No entry may exceed 57 inches in any direction, including frame. Strictly enforced, no exceptions.
- All entries must be properly framed and ready to hang. This includes frames in good repair, clean mats, clean glass or plexi; strap hangers ONLY with proper strength picture wire.
- NO Exceptions.
- No wet paintings will be accepted.
- No gallery wraps will be accepted.
- Failure to meet these requirements will result in rejection of work from our show. The Show Committee will have the final decision.
- Over $20,000 in prizes will be awarded:
- IHA Gold $5,000
- IHA Silver $3,000
- IHA Bronze $2,000
- Directors’ Purchase Award
- Awards of Excellence $1,000 each
- People’s Choice Award $500
- Memorial and Merit Awards $500 – $250
- NOTE: We have two prizes which have specific subject requirements in order to be awarded: the Ada Shulz and C. Curry Bohm prizes. The Ada Shulz prize is meant to encourage entries in the spirit of the artist; works featuring children with pets, or figures in gardens. The Bohm prize is meant to encourage entries in the spirit of the artist; winter scenes or street scenes of Nashville, Indiana.
- Each artist may enter up to 3 works.
- Entry deadline is September 25, 2020. Entries will not be accepted on delivery day.
- Entry fees must be paid online at time of entry and all entrants must be a member of Indiana Heritage Arts.
- Current IHA Member – $30
- Enter and Become a Member — $65
- Artist members will be listed on the IHA website. Artists are encouraged to upload a brief written biography or brochure along with their entry.
- Artists whose work has been juried into the show will be posted on our website, IndianaHeritageArts.org, Facebook and , as soon after judging as possible.
Delivery of Work
- Securely attach the correctly numbered entry card to the upper back left corner of each work.
- COVID 19 protocols are in place, face masks and social distancing will be required.
- All work must be hand delivered to the Brown County Art Gallery in Nashville, Indiana, on the following days and times: September 27 & 28 | October 4 & 5 | October 11 & 12 - 10 am - Noon and again on October 18 - 9 am - 4 pm.
- Indiana Heritage Arts, Inc. will retain 33% on all sales. IHA will collect and remit Indiana sales tax. The shipping of sold work is the responsibility of the artist.
- Indiana Heritage Arts, Inc., Brown County Art Gallery Foundation, Inc., their agents and representatives will make every effort to protect artists’ work, but will not be responsible for loss or damage.
- Artists agree to hold Indiana Heritage Arts, Inc., Brown County Art Gallery Foundation, Inc., their agents and representatives, harmless from all such claims and losses.
- Permission to reproduce works for publicity is granted to Indiana Heritage Arts and the Brown County Art Gallery.
- Entry constitutes agreement with all conditions of this prospectus.
- Prize-winning artists will be asked to supply their social security number in order to collect prize and purchase awards