Welcome, there are big changes for 2022…
The annual IHA Exhibition is fast approaching and there are some big changes for 2022 including some new dates. We also have added an exciting new event in conjunction with the T.C. Steele State Historic Site. Our new website is ready for entries so get an early start.
- May 22 — Drop off Day (earlier drop-offs by appointment. Dates TBA)
- June 10 — Reservations only Opening Reception
- June 11 — Exhibit opens to the Public
- June 18 — “Painting Selma’s Garden”
- July 9 — Show Closes
- July 10 — Pick Up Day
Call for Entry
- IHA will not be using last year’s CAFE platform. Artists will need to sign up online and will be emailed a confirmation and a PDF of their entry cards. Photos must accompany each entry. Enter by May 1, 2022.
- An earlier drop off deadline to allow for increased marketing and photography
- A full color print catalogue featuring color photos of prize winners, a listing of all juried artists, sponsors, donors and ads
- 3D video of exhibit which will be shared starting no sooner than June 11. Video tour allows viewers to click on an arrow that points to each painting to see a full view plus wall tag information. The video will be posted on website, Facebook page and emailed to our entire mailing list. It can be shared by artists as well.
- Advertisers, donors and sponsors will be represented in catalogue, online and in the Exhibit.
- Opening reception: $20 per person, reservations required by calling 812.988.4609. Artist and a guest, as well as sponsors and donors are free. As we all know, inflation has increased costs and IHA can no longer provide a free reception. Guests will be offered wine, soft drinks and hearty appetizers.
Painting Selma’s Garden Event
- “Painting Selma’s Garden” is a joint event between IHA and the T.C. Steele State Historic Site. Invited artists will spend the day painting the grounds during regular hours, ending at 5:00 pm. At 5:30, the Site opens for an event-filled open house featuring food, wine, and self-guided tours of the garden and the house. A wet paint art sale will be held in the Steele Studio.
- $45 per person · Reservations required by calling 812.988.4609. Participating artists are free.
30% commission on all sales. Certain rules for artists will apply and will be provided upon acceptance.
- Transportation between the Gallery and the Site is planned for the Steele Open House from 5:00 to 8:30 pm.
- IHA Exhibition and Garden event will be cross promoted by IHA, Brown County Art Gallery Foundation and Indiana State Museum as well as Brown County CVB
- Package Deal · $60 — Receive admission to IHA Opening Reception, Painting Selma’s Garden event, one free IHA non-artist membership, two free general admissions to T.C. Steele State Historic Site, good through 2022.
New IHA Website — We have done a major overhaul of our website to make it more user friendly and attractive. Go to the site to enter. It is active NOW!
Regular E-Newsletters — We will be sending regular E-newsletters throughout the year where you can find show updates and other news. Be sure to subscribe.
We hope you find these changes as exciting as we do! We believe all will help to increase interest from both artists and buyers and increase profits for all. Please visit the new website and Facebook page. The Call for Entry window is open.
— Indiana Heritage Arts Board of Directors